Digital signage cell phone charging kiosks enter college sports arenas
Brightbox Inc. has deployed its cell phone charging kiosks at eight universities across the U.S. through a partnership with Frontier Communications Corp. The kiosks are designed with digital signage and interactivity to engage consumers while they charge their phones, according to a press release.
The kiosks are branded with the phrase, "Charge While You Cheer." The kiosks are designed to enable features such as surveys, text messaging, analytics and more. Users can also manage all content on the kiosks remotely.
Brightbox deployed the kiosks at the following universities:
- Central Michigan University at the Kelly Shorts Stadium and McGuirk Arena;
- Duke University at the Wallace Wade Stadium and Cameron Indoor Stadium;
- Florida State University at the Doak Campbell Stadium and Donald L. Tucker Civic Center;
- Marshall University at the Joan C. Edwards Stadium and Cam Henderson Center;
- Miami Ohio University at the Yager Stadium and Millet Hall;
- Texas Christian University at the Amon G. Carter Stadium and Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena;
- University of South Florida Tampa at the Sun Dome; and
- West Virginia University at the Milan Puskar Stadium and WVU Coliseum.
"We are thrilled to support these great institutions of higher learning and meet the mobile power needs of their fans and students," said Billy Gridley, CEO of Brightbox. "In a world where nearly everyone is always on-line, particularly students using mobile devices as a 'second screen', and there is no off-line, Brightbox secure charging is critical physical infrastructure and in-stadium technology that fulfills customer need, while providing global organizations with a powerful branding and marketing tool."