CVS Pharmacy deploys health and wellness vending machines nationwide
CVS Pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Health, is introducing automated retail vending machines stocked with convenient, on-the-go necessities including over-the-counter health products, "better-for-you" snacks and personal care products typically sold at CVS Pharmacy locations nationwide, according to a press release.
The new vending machines are designed to help maximize convenience and meet customers where they are with on-the-go wellness solutions outside the traditional retail space.
Each vending machine will be customized with offerings to fit each location with more than 70 products to choose from, including many from exclusive CVS Pharmacy store brand lines like CVS Health, Beauty 360, Gold Emblem and Gold Emblem Abound. Products available in the vending machines include:
- Over the counter remedies for allergy, pain relief, digestive health, and cough and cold
- Beauty and personal care products like shaving cream, deodorant, makeup remover
- Vitamins and supplements
- Eye care and oral health care products
- Solutions for healthy sleep such as melatonin
- Children's health and on-the-go first aid items such as bandages and antiseptic cream
- Healthy snacks and beverages
- Home and office essentials such as batteries, phone chargers, earbuds, lint rollers and stain removal sticks
The first 25 CVS Pharmacy vending machines will be unveiled throughout New England and New York between now and the end of October in targeted areas including:
- Airports including LaGuardia in New York City
- Public transit stations such as South Station Bus Terminal in Boston
- Office parks
- College campuses
CVS Pharmacy is also considering an additional 50-plus locations throughout the country, including college campuses, corporate offices, hotels and other transportation hubs.