Vermont hospital to install real-time, interactive energy-use kiosk
The University of Vermont Health Network — Central Vermont Medical Center, in partnership with Efficiency Vermont, Liebert Engineering Inc. and Control Technologies Inc., has announced plans to install an interactive energy kiosk that graphically displays CVMC's energy use and costs in a real-time dashboard.
The kiosk will also help staff, homeowners, tenants and businesses discover ways to reduce energy consumption and costs at home and at work, according to a press release.
An interactive touchscreen with a dashboard will display real-time weather and energy consumption in vibrant resolution, color and detail, allowing users to pinpoint ways to reduce monthly utility bills and understand current energy consumption at CVMC.
Kiosk display data includes:
- Current weather conditions and how they are affecting energy consumption at the moment, as well as their effects in the past year.
- Live readouts of electric and natural gas use and costs, along with yearly energy trends.
- A progress chart for CVMC's Energy Star score.
- Information on how CVMC has saved more than $800,000 per year in energy costs since 2010.
- Tips on how to become more energy efficient at work and at home.
- An energy glossary.
Topics: Healthcare / Hospitals