Lite and KioWare Kiosk Basic, as well as version 4.0 of KioWare Server.
According to a news release, KioWare products provide lockdown security for browser-based applications, restricting users from accessing the operating system and desktop, and allowing customization to limit Internet access. KioWare products also provide support for second monitors, external and input devices, phone dialing, and server-based remote monitoring.
Version 6.2.0 for KioWare Lite and KioWare Kiosk Basic include:
- The ability to add or extend custom features through support of third-party .NET dlls, meaning clients can develop plug-ins for KioWare.
- Domain-page block warning on a customized HTML page, instead of the existing KioWare dialog box.
- Support for Storm EZ Access keypad.
Additional KioWare Kiosk Basic features include:
- Support for SNAPI barcode scanners, HID MSR readers, and OPOS MSR readers.
- Ability to request content update and upload usage statistics every 10 minutes, or at the completion of every user session.
Version 4.0 KioWare Server includes:
- Flexible user accounts, roles and permissions that control user abilities at a functional level.
- Simplified client content updating procedures that include application files, KioWare updates and OS updates. To support cellular networks, content transfer also checks for file truncation and corruption errors.
- Ability to provide ad hoc grouping of kiosks. Groups can contain other groups, projects or individual kiosks.
- Addition of ad hoc data structures useful for storing custom data about each kiosk, which can be imported from a spreadsheet.
- Added infrastructure to support third party add-ins. KioWare's first add-in will be released in December. The new release is a kiosk mapping add-in that enables kiosks and their statuses to be overlaid onto a digital map.
- A new API that enables third parties to develop a custom KioWare Server interface as well as plug-ins to the standard interface.