By Craig Keefner, Kiosk Information Systems
I hope you'll join me others for the Digital Screenmedia Association's free webinar on Americans with Disabilities Act and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, where we will help deployers of self-service technology better understand the new requirements.
My focus will be on practical examples in the in-store interactive market, but in the mean time here are some quick guidelines and questions in plain-speak that you can review with yourself.
- A hybrid card reader is a good thing (smart EMV + std magstripe_.
- What about interfacing a kiosk to web page for card entry/population?
- Should we get a knockout panel for NFC for when/if it is required?
- Firewall appliances are needed when? What type? How much are they?
- PCI Certified gateways are what?
- File systems (write and read only)
- What is In Scope and what gets you Out of Scope?
- Do I need an encrypted at the head card reader?
- What about doing all this over 3G or 4G?
- What about doing all this over WiFi (802.11x)?
- Do I need to be PA DSS Validated?
- What is the purpose of a QSA?
- How long does it take to get validated?
- How do I handle card skimmers?
- What about Chip and Pin?
See you on Wednesday. Bring a virtual notebook and pen; there will be a test afterwards!
Register here for the free webinar.