Version 6.2.0 for KioWare Lite and KioWare Kiosk Basic include:
- The ability to add or extend custom features through support of third-party .NET dlls, meaning clients can develop plug-ins for KioWare.
- Domain-page block warning on a customized HTML page, instead of the existing KioWare dialog box.
- Support for Storm EZ Access keypad.
Additional KioWare Kiosk Basic features include:
- Support for SNAPI barcode scanners, HID MSR readers, and OPOS MSR readers.
- Ability to request content update and upload usage statistics every 10 minutes, or at the completion of every user session.
Version 4.0 KioWare Server includes:
- Flexible user accounts, roles and permissions that control user abilities at a functional level.
- Simplified client content updating procedures that include application files, KioWare updates and OS updates. To support cellular networks, content transfer also checks for file truncation and corruption errors.
- Ability to provide ad hoc grouping of kiosks. Groups can contain other groups, projects or individual kiosks.
- Addition of ad hoc data structures useful for storing custom data about each kiosk, which can be imported from a spreadsheet.
- Added infrastructure to support third party add-ins. KioWare's first add-in will be released in December. The new release is a kiosk mapping add-in that enables kiosks and their statuses to be overlaid onto a digital map.
- A new API that enables third parties to develop a custom KioWare Server interface as well as plug-ins to the standard interface.